THERMO FEEDBACK FROM SUMMER 2018 – STRANGER THINGS THEMED CLASS
Complete Student Feedback from EGN 3343 for my Themed Thermodynamics class.
- I learned alot
- Dr. Celestin was very clear about what it takes to be successful in his course. His lectures were informative and engaging. He dedicates time to make the course more interesting and relevant. His use of sci-fi themes and demonstrations are prime examples. Designing a shirt each semester is going above and beyond. Dr. Celestin cares about his students. Need more instructors like Dr. Celestin!
- While Thermodynamics is a very challenging topic, and might be considered a dry, boring course, Dr. Celestin is an amazing professor and really knows how to keep it interesting! I am a transfer student and he made my first class at USF a great experience! If I could have him as a professor for the remainder of my classes I definitely would.
- Excellent Professor! He should teach ChemE Thermodynamics!
- Professor Celestin is one of the best professors I’ve had; he’s very talented, knowledgeable, and funny as well. Even though the class was supposed to be hard and the class fatiguing, he managed to make it bearable, easy, and fun to learn.
- One of the best professors I’ve ever had since college classes. He made a tough engineering course in the summer so easy to understand and pass.
- There is absolutely nothing bad that I could say about Dr Celestin, simply my best professor by far in all my time at USF, the way he explain the class and himself, makes everything have sense, even thou the difficulty of thermodynamics, Dr Celestin do a fantastic job teaching, i give him a 11/10. In my opinion all teachers should at least somehow like him, if teacher where as good as he is, college student will be more than prepare to go to the work world, and USF could have way higher standard in the nation, please, try to do everything as possible to keep getting professors like Dr Celestin.
- Dr. Celestin should teach more classes. Wonderful experience taking this class given its difficulty and class pace. the theme of the class (stranger things) was a very nice addition because on test time the information can be recalled easily because of the story line the quizzes followed.
- This professor is very good. He clearly shows interest by helping the students to really learn the material. He dedicates extra time to go over subjects and homework that students have a problem to understand. Also, the videos that he posts are very useful and easy to follow. Finally, he makes a great effort to keep his class interesting and enjoyable.
- Just throw money at him. He makes thermodynamics possible to understand, he truly cares for the success for his students, and is approachable. USF needs to step up and give him a raise.
- This is one amazing professor. His teaching style is both engaging and challenging. He clearly communicates complex thermodynamic concepts easily and engages his students to not only learn the material but takes the time to show live working examples of the principles in application, just fantastic! furthermore, he cares about the students and takes time to provide extra help through self made videos and does the harder problems in class.
- Dr. Celestin is dedicated to his students truly understanding the material. He is happy to answer every question, goes the extra mile to provide extra resources, and makes the class interesting. I recommend him to anyone for thermodynamics.
- Michael Celestin is the best professor at this university. He took a terrible, boring subject and made it into one of the most valuable learning experiences I’ve had in college. Please let this man teach more classes and give him a raise.
- I greatly enjoyed the in-class demonstrations and the homework booster videos were very helpful.
- Best professor I have ever had.
- There are no words to describe how good Michael Celestin is. He is a very fair professor when teaching and grading. He cares about the student. He makes the class very interesting, and he makes you not want to miss a single class. I am so glad I took this class with him, and I would consider him one of THE BEST professor that USF has in the Engineering Department. Highly recommend him.